Bridlington Railway Station was opened on 6 October 1846 by the York and North Midland Railway as the terminus of their line from Hull calling at Beverley and Driffield and an extension northwards to Hunmanby, Filey and Scarborough being opened just over a year later. At Seamer Railway Station there is a connection on the Scarborough to Malton and York Railway Station.
Bridlington’s original station buildings & platforms (numbered 1-3) were located a few yards to the west of the current station, but these were taken out of use in the 1970s and subsequently demolished (the site is now occupied by housing).
There is a half hourly service from the Bridlington station to Hull on weekdays, with alternate departures continuing on to Doncaster and Sheffield. There are also nine departures a day to Scarborough, the frequency varying between every ninety minutes and every two hours. Sundays see an hourly train service to Hull & Sheffield, faliing to every two to three hours in the winter months.
Sunday services to Scarborough railway station only run between May and September, on a two hourly frequency.