Flamborough Lighthouse Bridlington
The Flamborough Head Lighthouse acts as a waypoint for passing deep sea vessels and coastal traffic, and marks Flamborough Head for vessels heading towards Scarborough and Bridlington.
The first lighthouse on Flamborough Head from 1669 was never lit. The present lighthouse, designed by Samuel Wyatt and costing £8,000 to build, was first lit on 1 December 1806. The current electric fog signal was installed in 1975, replacing older equipment. In the past, warnings in foggy weather were provided by rockets, discharged every 5 minutes and reaching an altitude of 600 feet (180 m). The last lighthouse keepers left on 8 May 1996. Trinity House operate tours of the lighthouse seasonally.
This is now a Grade II listed building